Posted : 30-07-2019
Category : PHP
Type : Full time
Company name : WebDevStudiosAPPLY FOR THE JOB
- Assist Frontend engineers with the server-side web application data while following WDS Code Standards.
- Optimize web applications and assets for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability.
- Meet documented deadlines and complete tasks in accordance to project milestones.
- Work directly with Senior or Lead Engineers on feature validation and code reviews.
- Communicate the status of your work to Project Managers and participate in a project team and department calls.
- Keep an accurate record of your time with our time tracking software.
- Be available during normal business hours.
- Able to work remotely, with a strong emphasis on communication and organizational skills.
- You have 2+ years professional experience as a Backend Engineer.
- You have a strong grasp of WordPress plugin and theme structure, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- You are knowledgeable in writing performant data queries.
- You have a strong understanding of Git version control and branching strategies.
- You have a strong comprehension of PHP and object-oriented programming (OOP) practices.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with accessibility standards.
- Experience using the terminal/command line.
- Experience with build tools such as Composer, Webpack and Gulp.
QUALITIES THAT MATTER TO OUR TEAM:
- A positive attitude, a good work ethic, and enjoy helping others.
- Not afraid to ask for help, teachable, a quick study, and have the ability to be flexible when “stuff happens.”
- Understand deadlines and can complete a variety of tasks throughout the week.
- Willing to participate in company paid training courses to further their skills.
- Excited about contributing back to open-source technologies.
- Comfortable communicating via Slack and participating in video calls with their team while working remotely.
- 100% paid health/dental/vision
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited Flex time
- Paid sick leave
- Company 401k
- Parental Leave
- Continuing Education
Do you enjoy to working with the server-side principles of web applications and WordPress themes? Are you enthusiastic to push the web forward, and better yourself? We are also passionate about the web here at WebDevStudios, so let’s chat.
You are primarily responsible for developing and modifying the data layer of WordPress plugins, themes, and web applications according to specifications outlined by the client and defined our Strategy team during a discovery phase.
Backend Engineers work alongside Frontend Engineers, Project Leads, Project Managers, and other partners during the entire development lifecycle of a project, as well as a supporting the project after it ships.